UNDERSTANDING SHIPWELL’S 3PL:
- Shipwell established our own 3PL to function as an in house customer, enabling us to build a better platform for our external shipper and 3PL customers by testing and iterating on our tools through our own use of these tools
- Our internal 3PL has grown the network of carriers on our platform, which in turn means faster, easier carrier onboarding for external 3PL customers
- As it relates to data usage, the Shipwell 3PL is treated as an external customer and does not have access to customer data of other 3PLs on the platform
- Broker data is stored securely on our Shipwell Private Cloud and cannot be seen by other brokerages, including Shipwell 3PL
Shipwell data collection is limited exclusively to information required for 3PL to complete customer tasks via the Shipwell platform:
- No analytics are performed on personal information entered into the platform
- All data collected is private and is not made available to 3rd parties, including other customers*
- Shipwell and our internal 3PL adhere to an explicit non-solicitation agreement; Shipwell shall not solicit business from nor perform brokerage services directly or indirectly on behalf of any shipper / consignee / third parties first introduced to it by our 3PL customers**
- Shipwell only maintains customer data that is actively required for use by the customer on the platform
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA:
At Shipwell, we pride ourselves on the integrity and security of our data management systems. Thanks to security being architected into the platform, we have never experienced a data breach.
- Shipwell’s platform has maintained 99.98% uptime and is backed up multiple times each day
- The platform is not available via the internet and only accessible from a Virtual Private Network
- All customer data is stored in the Shipwell Virtual Private Cloud
- In the event of a catastrophic event, a new Virtual Private Network environment is created from the backed up data
*Shipwell will not use or disclose any customer data including all sales and marketing information received from each other or from shipper customers or carriers providing transportation services to them, financial information received, brokerage fees charged and received, non-brokerage fees charged and received, amounts charged to and paid by shippers, consignees or others responsible for payment, amounts of freight charges billed and received, and motor carrier rates, given or exchanged with any person or entity except as necessary to conduct the business contemplated hereunder.
**Shipwell shall not solicit business from nor perform brokerage services directly or indirectly on behalf of any shipper/consignee/third parties first introduced to it by any 3PL customer. However, if Shipwell has conducted business with such shippers/consignees/third parties prior to entering into this Agreement then Shipwell can continue to solicit those traffic lanes previously served. “Traffic lanes” for purposes of this Agreement shall mean origination locations to destination locations for both truckload and LTL shipments.
In the event of non-compliance with the non-solicitation agreement, Shipwell shall be liable for twenty percent (20%) of the gross transportation revenue received by Shipwell from said shipper(s) within one (1) year after the date of termination of this Agreement.