Want to stay up-to-date on new Shipwell updates? Subscribe to the newsletter for sneak peeks, release notifications, and other Shipwell content.
2.6.6 – released July 16, 2019
- Only change shipment status to tendered when awarding marketplace quotes
- Stop ELD tracking when the carrier is removed
- When a carrier replies to a quote awarded email which has the rate con attached, the response will now go to the carrier rep on the shipment
2.6.5 – released July 11, 2019
- Start tracking shipments at any point regardless of status or pickup time
- See what device the driver is using as well as the last app open time
- Shipment Refresh Notifications – a notification will now appear if the shipment you are working on has been edited by another user
- When accepting a bid, the shipment will now go to Tendered not Quote Accepted
- When accepting a bid, the shipment will put the carrier owner as the carrier rep automatically
- When accepting a bid, the rate con will be generated and sent with quote awarded email
- Pickup number column added to dashboard
- Shipment Name column added to dashboard
- Allow for ELD tracking with Omnitracs
- Shipment density calculation fix
2.6.4 – released June 26, 2019
- Quickbooks mapping editor
- Temperature fields on products and line items
- Add container number column to dashboard
- Shipments will be automatically removed from load board when canceled
- Auto dismiss alerts after 24 hours
2.6.3 – released June 6, 2019
- Total weight and line items added as columns to Orders dashboard
- Optionally send load board email to carrier when adding user to load board
- Filter and sort load board by mode and equipment type
- Fix for duplicate timeline entries
- Fix for total miles being incorrect after changing stops
- Custom reports in analytics tab
2.6.2 – released May 29, 2019
- Implemented Snowflake for data warehousing
- Additional drayage enhancements and equipment types
- Quickbooks enhancements
- Added remit to address
- Resolved intermittent networking issue
- Search carriers by owner
- Various site reliability enhancements and monitoring
- Various bug fixes
2.6.1 – released May 15, 2019
- Shipper can add ELD Tracking via truck number
- Added drayage specific reference numbers when mode is drayage
- Load board speed improvements
- Email redesigned for consistency
- Proper redirection when users sign in from a different link
- Shipment weight available on dashboard
- Filter by origin/destination radius (web and Android)
- Ability to generate a BOL with no carrier
2.6.0 – released May 7, 2019
- New Drayage mode available
- New Global Search – search for anything from any screen with the new global search in the upper right corner
- Filter Improvements – navigating between pages will no longer remove your selected dashboard filters
- Load Board side panel now contains a My Bids tab for quick access
- Notify users that shipment will be removed from the load board when a carrier is manually assigned
- EDI Tendering support from external systems
- BOL and Rate Con now show all shipment reference numbers, drayage dates, shipment mode, and equipment type
Android 3.1.0 – released May 7, 2019
- Ability for users to login as a driver or a carrier/dispatcher
- New Mobile Load Board — Dispatchers can now see, filter/sort, bid, and book now on the load board
- Manage your assets including drivers, power units, and trailers
- View which shipments are assigned and which are not
- Ability to assign a driver, power unit, and trailer to a shipment
2.5.2 – released April 24, 2019
- Added User Avatars – Default image will be the first letter of user’s first name. Located in Profile & Preferences in the upper right to set your own image.
- Document Sending History – See history of when documents were sent and to whom.
- ‘Created At’ Dashboard Column – New sortable/filterable column on the dashboard for when a shipment was created.
- Lots of various bug fixes
2.5.1 – released April 15, 2019
- Shipment multiplier – Ability to create multiple shipments from a Manual Shipment
- Various bug fixes
2.5.0 – released April 1, 2019
- Added new Load Board (currently in limited availability)
- Post shipments to your private load board
- Add/remove carrier contacts to/from your load board
- Marketplace redesign
- Instant rates page now has a right side panel
- Other Improvements
- Carrier roles are now a required drop down selection
- When sending documents the reply-to address will now be the sending user
- Remove History from side bar; Archived shipments can now be found in the dashboard
- ELD Improvements
Android App 3.0 – released March 27, 2019
- Ability to stay logged in and view current, upcoming, and previous shipments
- Improved interface and experience
- Geofenced timestamps
- Ability for driver to confirm or edit geofenced times
- Push notifications for improved shipment tracking workflow
2.4.5 – released March 27, 2019
- Allow appointment fields when dock scheduling is enabled
- Ability to leave feedback about a carrier recommendation
- Editable customer memo on invoicing
2.4.4 – released March 19, 2019
- ‘Vendor’ has now been changed to ‘Carrier’ throughout the platform.
- Mileage shown for a shipment is now in truck miles.
- New document type of ‘Customer Tender’ added. Customer Tenders uploaded will only be available to the company that uploaded it (similar to Rate Confirmations and Invoices)
- Add total weight to saved products
- Cancellation emails will no longer go to everyone in the company. It will now only go to reps, carrier points of contacts, and the user who cancelled the shipment.
- Bug Fixes
- Scroll properly when editing stop
- Calculate line item totals when removing a line item
2.4.3 – released March 6, 2019
- Consolidated timeline updating now includes optional add truck location
- Improved stop reordering usability
- Added owner to carriers
2.4.2 – released February 27, 2019
- New ‘At Pickup’ status
- New Dashboard columns: Timeline Updated, Total Miles, Markup, Origin/Dest company (now in separate columns)
- Show route on map in dashboard side panel
- Default to ‘No’ for Receive All Emails for each stop contact
- Update order of statuses
- Bug Fixes
- Fix pickup time sorting
- Better scrolling with current applied filters
- Maintain vendor tag search when changing pages
- Shopify quoting speedups (~1 second improvement)
2.4.1 – released February 19, 2019
- New Features
- Timeline added to the side panel on the dashboard
- Ability to set a total weight for a shipment so it does not need to be set on individual line items (FTL only)
- Ability to search for a vendor by tag
- Faster dashboard load time
- Address book page improvements
- Fix loading indicator positioning
- Change interaction for filter and column customization for easier use
- Search will now include archived shipments
2.4.0 – released February 12, 2019
- New Features
- New Dashboard with saved filters
- New Loading Screens (with tips!)
- Beautiful new tab colors (existing tags will be new color)
- Military times across platform
- Fix for LTL tracking stopping after deploys
- Improve performance for backgrounded Shipwell tabs
2.3.2 – released February 7, 2019
- Relaxed rate confirmation permissions. Financials will be between the generating party and their assigned vendor
- Improved ruleset for BOL bill-to-party
- Allow for multiple analytics dashboards
- Remove Apple ping tracking option
- Consolidate stops on orders if addresses match
- Stops will now hide dock scheduling if order is not assigned to a dock
- Shipment orders are viewable on shipments for assigned carrier
- Show dock scheduled time on stop’s static view
- Bug Fixes
- Fix for freight class not always showing up
- Proper hide/show of driver phone number depending on shipment type
- Fix for status not showing if open or delayed
- Fix for external track page not loading under certain conditions
- Default equipment type on Bids page
- Show temperature fields on FTL reefer when quoting
- Fix filtering by vendor not always working
2.3.1 – released January 3, 2019
- New quote now has one less step – the shipment mode and equipment included on the the address/item details page
- Auto detect residential addresses in Shopify. We now use Experian and USPS address validation to check for residential addresses and apply proper delivery accessorials automatically.
- Users who are assigned as representatives on a shipment will now receive notifications for cancellations, pickup, delivery, new message, and shipment booked events.
- Various bug fixes
2.3.0 – released December 18, 2018
- Limited availability
- New “Orders” feature provides the ability to accept orders in Shipwell which can be transformed and combined into shipments
- Invoicing integration to create invoices in Quickbooks
- Automated check call enhancements
- General availability
- iOS now allows for auto pin input
- Additional equipment types
- ‘Manual Order’ is now ‘Manual Shipment’
- Various bug fixes
2.2.2 – released November 29, 2018
- Filter by Auction Running on the dashboard – new status on the dashboard to see only shipments that have a running auction
- Automated calling enhancements
- Additional Vendor Info on Dashboard – The dashboard side panel will now show the assigned vendor point of contact information.
- Adding Vendor Improvements – When looking up an already added vendor in your account, the existing relationship will be edited instead of attempting to add a new relationship
- Various bug fixes
2.2.1 – released November 20, 2018
- Option to email a vendor contact when assigning them to a shipment
- Various Automated calling enhancements
- The suggested route between the origin and all stops will be displayed on the shipment details map. If the driver’s location is being tracked, their past route will be displayed as well
- Ability to assign a pickup address on a per-product basis allowing for dropshipping
- Ability to assign a max pieces per package which will allow for more accurate quoting
- UI Consistency
- Various bug fixes
2.2.0 – released October 18, 2018
- Streamlined quoting – we’ve redesigned the new quote process to allow you to get quotes faster and with less information.
- Various bug fixes and other platform improvements
2.1.1 – released October 4, 2018
- UI refresh – we’ve updated the look of our platform to give you a better visual experience, help call out required information and errors more clearly, and display the most relevant information more prominently.
- We’ve transitioned to Front for our platform support chat.
- Dashboard sorting will now persist between refreshes.
2.1.0 – released September 6, 2018
- Shipment Bids – with the new Bids page, vendors can see all of the shipment auctions with which they are involved. Users can see the current status of the auction (whether it is Open, Closed, or Won by the user), details about the shipment, and any quotes they have submitted to the customer.
- Login Links – users can now request a “login link” to be delivered to their email from the “Forgot Password?” screen which will automatically log them into the platform. Gone are the days of forgetting your password and having to reset it!
- Vendor Improvements – All vendors can now access the Shipwell platform, where they can see historical auctions they have bid on, respond to new auctions, and add details to shipments they are currently running. From the dashboard, vendors can drill down into specific shipments, where they can add timeline events, update shipment locations, upload documents, send messages, and modify the shipment status.
- Various bug fixes and other platform improvements.
2.0.95 – released July 23, 2018
- Filter by Shipment Tags – now you can search the dashboard and Shipment History by Shipment Tag, making it easier to find shipments.
- Custom customer fields – you can now specify custom data fields to capture information about all of your customers. Set the fields in your company profile, and fill in the details under each customer’s account.
2.0.94 – released July 5, 2018
- Shipment Tags – now you can label your shipments with custom tags to help you quickly find the shipments you care most about.
- Shipment Financials – we’ve redesigned financials to accommodate your workflows when collaborating on shipments with customers and vendors. You’ll now have 2 sets of books for each shipment – one to record the cost you are paying the vendor, and another to record what your are charging your customer. You’ll also be able to see the other party’s version of your books, so you can work through any differences. More details here.
- Accessorials in Address Book – you can now save accessorials along with your address book entries to make it easier to quickly pull in all of the information needed for shipment stops.
- Default Origin Address – in the Address Book, you can now set a “Default Origin” address which will automatically be used as the default in new quotes/shipments that you run.
2.0.93 – released June 12, 2018
- Marketplace Stats – Now, you can more easily track the status of shipments you are awarding to vendors through the Shipwell marketplace — marketplace stats will display on the dashboard and shipment details pages for shipments that are in an active “auction” state – giving you at-a-glance details on the number of vendors contacted, their messages to you, and the total number of quotes you’ve received.
- Shopify integration – you can now link your Shopify store directly to your Shipwell account to get real-time shipping prices when your customers check out.
2.0.92 – released May 29, 2018
- Multi-pick, multi-drop – on multi-stop shipments, you can now specify whether a stop (other than first and last stop) is a pickup, drop-off, or both.
- Track drivers’ HOS – with connected ELDs, you can now track your drivers’ hours of service availability in the platform.
- Send to Shipwell Carrier Network – need help covering a load? Select the “Send to Shipwell Carrier Network” checkbox when requesting quotes to connect to the Shipwell network for great rates from vetted carriers.
2.0.91 – released May 21, 2018
- Customer and Vendor documents – you can now add documents to the customers and vendors you work with, making it easier to keep the important information about your contacts at your fingertips in Shipwell.
- 3PLs as vendors – we’ve added the ability to assign 3PLs/brokerages as the vendor on shipments. If you assign a shipment to a brokerage that has an active Shipwell account, they’ll be able to access and provide updates on the shipment.
- Dashboard enhancements – we’ve streamlined the dashboard to make the most relevant information more easily available
- Minimum markup – if you use percentage-based markup, you can now set a minimum markup value for customers (overall, or carrier-specific)
- Bug fixes and style improvements
2.0.90 – released May 2, 2018
- Manage Company – we’ve made it easier to manage your company settings and the users in your company. Check out the Manage Company page for the sleek new look!
- Smarter shipment status updates – when you mark a shipment as In Transit or Delivered from Shipment Details, the system will now prompt you for the carrier arrival times on the appropriate stops.
- Easier email entry – you can now hit TAB to enter multiple email addresses in email fields, and copy/paste in comma- or semicolon-delimited lists to enter many emails quickly!
- Bug fixes and style improvements.
2.0.89 – released April 25, 2018
- Manage Products – You can now store your shipping products on the platform using the Manage Products tool. You can enter the details of each item, optionally attach an image, and then load the product when quoting future shipments.
- Better Searching – We’ve improved the searching algorithms on the Dashboard, Customers, and Vendors pages to help you find the most relevant information faster.
- Lots of bug fixes and style improvements!
2.0.88 – released April 19, 2018
- Shipment Reps – You can now assign users from your company as customer or vendor representatives on a shipment from the Shipment Details page. On the Dashboard, you can filter down to shipments assigned to specific reps.
- Dashboard Enhancements – we’ve improved the shipment information on the dashboard with Planned and Carrier ETAs, and consolidated more detailed information in the hover windows on the stop columns.
2.0.87 – released April 17, 2018
- Introducing the Shipwell Carrier Portal! – Carriers can now access a wealth of new features from our web platform, including:
- Dispatching – Create and manage shipments, assign drivers and equipment, see the current status and location of all active shipments.
- Asset Tracking – see the location and current status of all your assets tied to ELDs.
- Driver Management – create and manage drivers, update contact information, or pull details directly from your ELD provider. (Note: supported ELDs will also provide hours of service information).
- Equipment Management – create and manage power units and trailers in your fleet.
- Shipment Document Enhancements – You can now email documents to contacts directly from the platform on the Shipment Details page. We’ve also made it easier to upload new documents and update relevant information on documents.
- Save Addresses More Easily – We’ve added the ability to save addresses to your Address Book directly from the New Quote, New Manual Order, and Shipment Details pages. If you load from an existing address, you can also make modifications to the information and save the changes to your Address Book.
- Better Dashboard Searching – You can now search for part of a vendor name, address, or customer name, to pull back matching shipments.
- Various bug fixes and style improvements.
2.0.86 – released April 5, 2018
- We’ve improved the table pages across the platform. On the Dashboard, you can now more easily sort and filter by individual columns to find shipments.
- The Profile and Preferences page has been reorganized to make your personal settings easier to manage.
- You can now adjust your notification settings to indicate when you wish to receive email and in-app inbox notifications for shipment events such as Booked, Picked Up, Delivered, and more.
- You can set a preferred timezone on the profile page, which will be used when you receive email notifications about shipment events.
- Various bug fixes and style improvements.
2.0.85 – released April 1, 2018
- We’ve renamed the New Shipment form to New Manual Order to better describe the purpose of the form – creating complete shipments in the system with vendor and financial information already determined.
- We’ve added the ability to override the Bill-To information on the Bill of Lading. From the New Manual Order Form or the Shipment Details page, you can enter information for the Bill-To section of the BOL. When changing this information on a shipment that has already been dispatched, you can regenerate a new BOL to see the new information.
2.0.84 – released March 28, 2018
- We’ve made it simpler to update a shipment status from the Shipment Details page, and rearranged the information to make the most relevant data available at the top of the page.
- You can now add additional stops to a shipment from the Shipment Details page.
- When you dispatch a LTL shipment through one of our electronically-connected carriers, we’ll show a message to let you know that your shipment has been successfully scheduled.
- You can now filter shipments by date on the Dashboard page.
- Various bug fixes.
2.0.83 – released March 22, 2018
- We’ve improved the Dashboard – you can now filter by multiple shipment statuses more easily, filter by pickup or delivery date, use the Actions button to quickly Share, Archive, or Cancel a shipment, and see the last internal note under the action button for quick reference.
- A new Rate link on the Shipment Details page under Financials allows you to create a manual rate, get instant rates for LTL shipments, or go to your private marketplace to request quotes.
- You can change the order of stops from the shipment details page by editing the Stops section and changing the number next to each stop.
- You can set shipment pickup/delivery dates to dates in the past in Shipment details to reflect actual pickup and delivery events
- We’ve slimmed down list of accessorial codes on the quoting page to mirror the options supported by our carrier partners. If there is an additional accessorial you need, please contact your customer service representative for assistance.