Shippers Initiating a Tender
- The ability to tender a FTL, LTL, or Drayage shipment directly to one or more carriers is now available from the platform.
- Multiple tenders can be submitted for a single shipment however, only one tender can be submitted per mode and/or equipment type at a time.
- Shippers can initiate a tender from the following places:
- Manual Shipment
- Shipment Details of an existing order
- The right side panel of a shipment from the Dashboard
- When a tender is created, the following fields of information can be submitted to the carrier:
- Special Instructions
- Shippers can view the tender(s) submitted from the carrier bids page and will have the ability to ‘revoke’ a tender once it is submitted. If revoked, the tender will be removed from the Carrier’s view.
Carriers Responding to a Tender
- When a tender is submitted, the Carrier(s) receiving the tender request will receive an email and that tender will be visible from the Load Board with a status of Tender Request.
- The Carrier will be able to respond to a tender with an accept or reject so long as it is done before the expiration.
- If a tender has expired, it will have a status of ‘tender expired’ and the Carrier will not be able to act upon it.
- If the tender is rejected, it will have a status of ‘tender rejected’.
- If the tender is accepted, it will have a status of ‘tender accepted’. Tenders that have been accepted can be rejected at a later time.
- When a tender is accepted, the shipment will be available from the Carrier’s dashboard.
- If there are multiple tenders and one is accepted, the tenders that remain will automatically be put into a ‘tender revoked’ status. The example below shows one tender rejected, one tender accepted, and two tenders revoked.
Released December 19, 2019