Frequent fluctuations in fuel prices, driver availability and other disruptions have brought increased uncertainty to the modern supply chain. Today shippers have to be more agile and responsive to how they price their lanes, meaning the mini-bid process for freight procurement has become the new normal — but the process can often be less than ideal.
A barrage of emails, spreadsheets and phone calls might have gotten the job done when procurement season only came once a year, but given the current supply-chain landscape, those outdated methods lead to a loss of time and money as well as frustration for everyone involved.
Historically, the carrier procurement process has been so time and labor intensive not because it wasn’t viewed as a priority, but because its very nature makes it an incredibly complex process. But with 97% of businesses now ranking procurement automation as a top priority, now is the time to embrace and refine the RFP process — and this guide will outline what you need to make it work.
In this guide, we’ll explore how to:
- Evaluate the quality of your current freight-procurement processes
- Access better visibility of carrier data and use it to drive performance
- Ensure a healthy, balanced carrier portfolio for increased reliability
- Determine the best value among carriers through real-time analytics
- Automate bulk communication to maintain positive partnerships
Download our guide to thriving in the new world of freight procurement
Technology essentials for automating your RFP process
Download our guide to completely transforming your freight procurement process