In the world of logistics and supply chain management, two things stand above all else in the chain of priorities: saving time, and maximizing profits. So it’s no wonder that free or low-cost TMS options catch the eye of many in the industry hoping for a quick and easy way to address both issues simultaneously.
The truth is that while these solutions promise various features and functionalities to save a business both time and money, what they deliver regularly falls short of expectations — often in unanticipated and dramatic ways.
So before you dive headfirst into the realm of free or low-cost TMS solutions, read through our guide to weigh the risks against the rewards that come along with them. Because while they may seem like a great choice on the surface, there’s plenty to consider to ensure you’re making an informed decision that aligns with your business goals.
In this guide, we address important considerations such as:
- Will additional investment be required to customize the solution to meet your current or future requirements?
- Does the provider offer adequate support, maintenance, and updates to address issues or add new capabilities?
- Will the provider lock you into their ecosystem and limit your ability to switch to a different solution in the future?
- Does the provider offer sufficient support for the integrations you require, and are their existing integrations kept up to date?
- And many more considerations that must be taken into account prior to signing on with one of these options.
To explore this topic in-depth and determine whether a free or low-cost solution will be likely to deliver the results you’re looking for, download the guide now.